Thursday, March 4, 2010

BUT HOW?

You held me in your arms
And said you loved me.
But how?
You bought me gifts
Toys, A Happy Girl.
I was your little girl
But how?
I was your best friend
Your sister
Your play mate
But how?
I Kept your secrets
Held your hand
While we ran.
Happy. Yes.
But how?
I waited
In tears
As you held me
Afraid
As you stood
Beside me.
I loved you
Trusted you
You loved me too
But how?
I am your creation
Your precious child
The heir to heaven
Made in your image
Carved into the palm
Of your hands.
Your little girl
Ashamed
Burning with guilt
Afraid to cry
I am your savior, your Friend,
You said
Do not fear
But how?


2 comments:

  1. strangely enough, your poem looks like a dagger...

    decent poetry, though I dont understand much of it! :)

    wishes
    Scribblers Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its abt sexual abuse. its a girl askin her dad, bro, friend, that they each loved her, but what sort of a love was that ... n towards the end she s askin God, u said not to be afraid, that He will be with her, but is this the love He planned for her ...

    ReplyDelete